Job Description - Barista
450 Pompton Ave., Cedar Grove, NJ 07009
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Provides amazing customer service to all of our Joe Zone guests.
• Joe Zone customer's always come first and it's the Brew Crew's job to make connections with our guests to enhance their experience!
• Handles customer requests with a smile and a calm demeanor at all times and especially during busy times and when presented with difficult situations.
• Works with all Brew Crew members to create an environment of collaboration and team unity.
• Has an awareness of customer and store needs by continually observing the environment in the store and signals that may require the Brew Crew's attention.
• Assists with new Brew Crew training by offering positive reinforcement for successfully completed assignments and supportive assistance as needed.
• Communicates changes in a Brew Crew member's performance or morale to the manager to assist in maintaining the best possible environment and experience for our customers.
• Always looks for ways to improve a guests' experience.
• Follows Joe Zone's policies and procedures for operations, including those for handling money, safety and security, to ensure the safety of all Brew Crew throughout each shift.
• Maintains a clean and organized work area so that other crew members can locate what they need, adheres to all recipes and presentation designs and follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
• Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Willingness to work and keep a positive attitude throughout the shift.
• Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
• Follow operating policies and standards, including providing great beverages and food, handling of money and store safety and security.
• Engage with our customers, including finding out their favorite teams and responding to their needs with clear and friendly communication.
• Prepare food and beverages by following our recipes or customizations by customers.
• Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to learn quickly
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Willingness to request clarification when needed.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work as part of the Brew Crew team.
• Ability to build relationships with our customers.
JOE ZONE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER